Most recently? I joined weight watchers online in January 2007 and lost 35 pounds over the course of about 10 months...awesome right? Right. Until the holidays came along. I got lazy, it really has nothing to do with the holidays except that they were my excuse. I told myself that in January I would get back on track, and I did for about 3 days.
Basically at this point I'm F.E.D. U.P.
I'm done being lazy, I'm sick of hating the scale, I want to be friends with it again!
So we had a talk this morning, me and the scale. She told me what she needs me to do to make this relationship work:
1) Stop eating out, cold turkey. 2 weeks of NO eating out, after that, add it back in but only "guiltless grills" and salads.
2) Get off your @$$. Join the gym again. As much as I hate spending money on something I can do outside for free, I find I do much better when I'm paying money for something (like that weight watchers subscription that I haven't used in 3 months??)
3) Get back online. Weight watchers online that is.
So, there it is. It's a give and take relationship. I give her what she needs, she gives me a ton of satisfaction.
Now, I also need personal motivation to make this work. My motivation? NO NEW CLOTHES UNTIL I'VE LOST 10 POUNDS. For real. This is quite possibly one of the best motivational tools for me. I buy clothes like they're going out of style (no pun intended). I do it without even realizing it. I know I will feel much better in the clothes I buy if I look better in them.
So that's it. Sounds easy right? HA! But I can do it, I've done it before, I'll do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment