Tuesday, September 21, 2010

About time!

Wow, I knew it had been a long time since I'd posted something, but I didn't think it had been over a month! I was going to say that not a lot has been happening, and that's why I haven't posted, but I guess that's not entirely true!

I've been sticking to my workouts and eating right, but the scale hasn't been changing too much. Normally that would really piss me off, but honestly, I'm at a really good place right now. I'm hovering right around 155-158 and am really comfortable with that number. I'm not saying I'm done trying to lose, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I go a few weeks without seeing that number drop. Last month brought a lot of challenges (hello state fair!) so I'm proud to just be able to say that I didn't gain anything. I also just got back from a 5 day vacation, which is usually trouble for me, but I went into it with a plan that I was going to try to keep breakfasts and lunches about the same as they would be at home, try not to snack more than I needed to, and go on long walks every day. I'm proud to say that I took a 1 hour walk every day, and watched what I ate, while still letting myself enjoy "vacation food". I weighed about a pound more this morning than I did the morning that I left, and for me, that's a success! I'm also proud that I got right back into the swing of things and went to the gym this morning.

The major success I'm celebrating right now is that, even though the scale hasn't changed much in the past month or so, my body definitely has. I had to go shopping for new work pants a couple of weeks ago and have now started buying (almost exclusively) a size 10. I seriously don't ever remember being a size 10. Never. Even in high school I was a size 12/14. So that's way awesome!

My main goal going forward is to keep up with my work outs, and possibly add some in. I've started to try and take walks with Nic and the dog at night when there's nothing good on tv. I figure I'd rather be out being active than sitting on the couch watching something I really could care less about.

No comments: