I had a really good week this week. I stayed on track with my eating, worked out EVERY SINGLE DAY, and just had an overall good attitude! I'm back down to the lowest weight I ever remember seeing on a scale, and I had one of the best runs ever today.
The work week was pretty uneventful, but I did good. This weekend was awesome. For the first time in a LONG time, we went into the weekend with no plans. It's so much easier for me to stay on track eating wise when I have no plans because I'm more likely to eat at home, which I did this weekend for every meal except dinner Saturday night (ate healthy though).
Sunday I got up and did my 5k...it started off HORRIBLE! I had aweful side aches on BOTH SIDES, they hurt so bad I was only able to run for 2 minutes at a time. I kept telling myself that the goal was to finish, not to keep beating my best time. After about 15 minutes of 2 minute walk/2 minute run, I finally started feeling better. Now, before this weekend the longest amount of time I'd run straight for was 8 minutes, but today, I finished out the 5k and ran the last 14 minutes straight. I left the gym on such a high, it felt awesome! I ended up about even with my best time yet (33/34 minutes). After the gym we went out on a friend's boat for the rest of the day and I avoided alcohol, and bad food (with the exception of a handful of chips).
I hope I can keep this up because it feels awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment