I’ve always known this about myself, but the other morning in the shower (this is where I do much of my deep thinking, lol) I was thinking about how when I’m in control of my weight (diet, exercise regimen, etc…) I’m also more in control of other aspects of my life.
I’m a much more organized person when I’m living my healthier lifestyle. Part of it, I think, stems from having to be more organized. For example, when I go to the gym 5-6 days per week I have to have a schedule: I have to get up earlier, I have to carve out time in my weekends. The house has become MUCH more organized lately. I’ve come up with a cleaning/laundry routine that is actually really easy for me to stick to, and I actually LIKE cleaning the house. I feel like I’ve accomplished something.
I also notice that when I’m being healthy, I care more about myself in general. I wear make up to work every day (not true when I was living my unhealthy ways), I wear cuter clothes (fun!).
I guess this kind of goes along with my post not too long ago about other ways of measuring success and I definitely feel like this is one of the things on that list for me!
In other news, I’ve been doing good weight wise. I logged my weight/measurements on the bodybugg site today and I had lost 0.8 pounds since last Wednesday and my waist measurement (which is the one I really care about the most) along with a couple other ones have gone down too!
My foot is getting better but still has an open cut on it, so I still haven’t been able to really do any cardio since a week and a half ago. I’ve been taking walks with the dog to try to make up for it a little, but I feel like when I finally can start running again I’m going to have lost all of the progress I’d made! I’m really hoping that, judging from the way things have been going, I should be able to start running again by this time next week. It’s just so frustrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment