So, I turned 25 3 days ago. I got married a month and a half ago. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 5 months (well technically I lost 30 and then found 5 on my honeymoon). I PROMISED myself that, although the wedding was a great motivator, it would not be the end of my weight loss journey. Alas, the past month and a half has been a struggle.
I've GOT to get myself back on track. I have no excuses. I need motivation, I need goals, I need will power. So, I went to the book store today and purchased two books. I made a goal. I'm 25 years old, and I want to lose 25 pounds by my 26th birthday. I know that doesn't sound very hard, but to me, that seems IMPOSSIBLE. This morning I weighed 170 pounds. That would put me at 145. Pretty sure the last time I weighed 145 was before I ever cared about my weight. Seriously, probably middle school, I don't even know. I know it sounds odd, but that scares the SHIT out of me. That's uncharted territory and although it sounds great in my head, I can't even imagine weighing that little.
So, there it is. My goal written down on paper (sort of). That was a tip in one of those great motivational books I purchased earlier.
Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Yesss! That is a FANTASTIC goal! You have already done so much hard work (really, I know it doesn't seem like it..but the hard part is out of the way)...you know how to do it and you ARE GOING TO DO IT! You are simply amazing.
Now that you're writing in here again, I'm going to be on your case :)
And, just for the record, my goal is 50-60 pounds by the end of November :0...now it's out there too!
Post a Comment