Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Frustrated (from Sunday 6-13-10)

I’m frustrated for a couple of reasons tonight. We went to our friend’s cabin for the weekend and I had this grand plan that I was going to eat somewhat healthy and stay active…

Well, I didn’t eat healthy, and I didn’t stay as active as I had planned. It was a rainy, gloomy weekend, so much of it was spent inside the cabin, eating and drinking. We did get out and went shopping for a few hours on Saturday so I guess that was more active than sitting on the couch for those couple of hours…but I didn’t go on a run like I had planned. I’m just frustrated with myself for letting my guard down so much and for letting myself just completely lose control. But, I’m trying to not be negative and dwell on things, so I suppose the silver lining is that it was only two days, and as of dinner time tonight I’m back on track eating wise, and determined to stay there. Another thing I determined this weekend is that I’m really not a big fan of drinking anymore. I drank beer all weekend, and not only did it not taste all that great, but I barely got buzzed and just felt like crap the next morning. Not to mention all of the empty calories.

The second reason I’m so frustrated is that I gain weight REALLY fast. Or at least I feel like I do. I’ve been in the upper 160’s for the past week or two, and tonight when I got home I weighed 175…GROSS…6-7 pounds in 2 days?! Is that even possible?! I know that I’ll be able to get it under control as long as I get myself back under control, but it’s still depressing to see.

No comments: