The yo yo has once again gotten the better of me. So here I am again, back on the wagon....
Tomorrow starts day one of weight watchers...again...
I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much, I let it happen, I knew what I was doing to myself. It just really sucks realizing that I'm ALWAYS going to have to watch what I eat.
This time around I'm getting more serious about working out. I've been REALLY lazy the last couple of months about going to the gym...I go to get the discount, but I don't really do anything when I'm there. This fall Tovah convinced me to sign up for some group classes, which is something that I've always wanted to do, just never had the guts to do it. So this last week was the "free week" of classes before they actually start. Wednesday we had Yogalates which is a combination of yoga and pilates. I have never attempted either form of exercise before and it was actually really not that hard, but definitely worked my body! I liked it, it's at 6:30 in the morning and it's really a nice way to start the day. So the other class that I signed up for was called Power Pump and I really had no idea what it was all about (I figured maybe a cardio class with a little lifting mixed in). Usually the class meets at 9:30 on Saturday mornings but for the free week it met at 9:30 on Thursday morning. Yep, that's right, Thursday morning, as in the morning after I did yogalates for the first time. So I was already sore from Yogalates and after about 10 minutes of power pump (which I found out is just a new name for their weight lifting class) I felt like I was going to die. I kept up with it even though I felt like a moron and was really proud of myself for getting through an hour of this.
So it's now Sunday afternoon and I can still barely walk down the stairs or itch my nose due to the intense soreness of my quads and triceps. I have definitely thought of dropping the power pump class for this reason, however, I realize that this is the exact reason I NEED this class. I could go to the gym every day and do cardio, I don't mind it at all, it's the weight training that I hate, and left to my own free will I don't do it, and when I do I don't put hardly any effort towards it.
So, tomorrow starts weight watchers, and a more serious work out routine. My main goal this time around is not the number on the scale, I don't want that to be my main focus. I want to feel better in the clothes I wear and I want to fit into THE dress by the time we go to Vegas in February (not an unreasonable goal considering February is still 6 months away and I should only need to lose about 10 pounds to fit in the dress). I also realized that I would like to lose about 15 pounds and the classes at the gym run for 15 weeks so I think it would be neat to do a 15 pounds in 15 weeks goal, but again I don't want to focus on the numbers so we'll see...
I'll check in tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment